I enjoy looking back + seeing all the progress I’ve made over the year. It helps me realize that I did in fact actually do things + work toward my goals.
Sometimes my brain likes to tell me that I’ve done NOTHING + gotten NOTHING accomplished, that I’ve wasted the whole year.
Does your brain do that to you too?
Maybe looking back through your year to see all that you’ve done will benefit you too!
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you choose to make a purchase using my link (at no extra cost to you!). I only recommend things I have personally used + love!
- Took lots of walks at parks
- Hiked in the mountains as much as possible
- Helped my sister Gemini move
- Reconnected with AD
- Went to a wedding
- Made new friends
- Cried a lot
- Had some of the most painful menstrual cramps of my life
- Visited/traveled to:
- Durham/Raleigh NC
- NC mountains
- Cleveland OH
- Microdosed mushrooms a few times
- Took a voice lesson
- Saw the Van Gogh immersive exhibit
- Learned about my ancestry
- Got tested for STIs
- Learned about my HSV1+ status
- Helped out at the local camera store
- Went to the mountains with my dads side of the family
- Got vaccinated
- Finalized my name change!!! I am SO excited about this!
- Tattoo appointment almost every month (finished outlining + started color… vlog post about all this coming soon!)
- Went camping with a friend
- Journaled every day
- Did energy practices almost every day
- Redid/updated my website
- Created a welcome automation for my newsletter
- Taught Self Portraits for Self Discovery + Connection workshop for The Light Factory
- Created Self Portraiture for Self Discovery + Connection ebook + Inspiration + Planning workbook
- Created + shared Queer Nature slideshow
- Applied for a residency + didn’t get it (practice failing to get closer to accomplishing!)
- Facilitated peer support sessions
- Quit social media!!! Thank you Leonie Dawson for helping me feel like this was even possible!
- Filmed for Nudism.TV (with my family!) for 4 days
- Worked on meditations with Jenna + Lior
- Facilitated virtual nude gatherings: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October (total of 8 gatherings)
- Facilitated a first look at self portraits members only event
I was only able to accomplish these things because of the support from members of my website, thank you so much!
- Became an LLC
- Got a business bank account
- GBTL events: Jan, Feb x2, March x2, April x2, May x3, June x2, July, August, September (total of 15 events!!!)
- GBTL met up in person to create + facilitate backstage pass
- Many many meetings + video chats + text messages behind the scenes
- Explore More Summit 2020
- Sales Star with Leonie Dawson
- Marketing Without Social Media with Leonie Dawson
- Black Friday Training with Elizabeth Goddard
- Intersex Period Pandel Discussion with Crystal Hendricks, Mari Wrobi, Nick Manchester, Yezenia León Mezu, + Sean Saifa Wall
- Identity + Representation Panel Discussion with Roarie Yum, Jade Wilson, Paige Wilson, Deitric Robsinon-Miller, Kiah Glenn, + John Robinson-Miller IV
- Breathwork For Aliveness with Jennifer Patterson
- Emotion Mapping with Dawn Serra
- Boundaries Class with Luna Dietrich
- Live Your F*ck Yes Life Summit (non monogamy + polyamory) with Amanda Katherine Loy, Chad Spangler/polyamfam, Leanne Yau/polyphiliablog, Ebony/Marjani Lane, + Jess Levity/remodeledlove
- Women Race + Class by Angela Davis
- The Language of Emotions by Karla McLaren
- We Will Not Cancel Us by adrienne maree brown
- Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett
- My Grandmothers Hands by Resmaa Menakem
- I Hope We Choose Love by Kai Cheng Thom
- Evolution’s Rainbow by Joan Roughgarden
- Rebloom by Rachael Maddox
- Seven Thousand Ways to Listen by Mark Nepo
- Written on the Body by Jeanette Winterson
show your support for free:
💌 share this with your friends
💻 sign up for my email list + get 2 free ebooks
🔞 join my uncensored art + resource sharing discord server
📹 subscribe to my youtube channel
💖 share my resources page far + wide
❓respond to my survey + help me create what you want to see
show your support financially (sliding scale!):
✨ THANK YOU MEMBERS FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE!!! ✨
I originally wrote this for Patreon on June 24th 2017. I no longer use Patreon and have replaced it with my website (here) but thought I would share some of my old blogs with you for FREE to show my appreciation for you visiting my website! <3
The is today/tomorrow and oh gosh its bringing about a lot of change for me. It’s both scary and exciting, and I’m ready for it. I don’t think I’ve told you much about my “real” life outside of photography and modeling and want to share some of it with you. Since art doesn’t currently pay the bills and is a full time electrical engineering student, it has been essential for me to have a steady income. I’ve been working full time at a major healthcare system for nearly 5 years to support myself and my husband until he finishes his degree.
Well, working in healthcare kinda started killing my soul a little. Slowly.
The first 3 years I was working the front desk at a family practice. I loved my work family, (most of) our patients were so sweet, and the benefits were amazing.
The 4th year I was promoted to the referral coordinator position which was great because it was over a dollar more an hour, but I had to do the work of 2 people. That’s when things started to change for me, I started to not really enjoy coming to work every day like I used to. I was tasked with the job of cleaning up the mess that was made before I was promoted. Trying to condense as much of the story as possible, essentially there was nobody doing referrals for 2 offices for a couple of months before I started, and I had to not only essentially teach myself referrals, I had to catch up with the backlog AND work on the new referrals being added every day. It is so disheartening to know that you’re not doing the best job you could be doing because you have SO MUCH work to do it’s not possible to do it all right. I am not the kind of person that does things half-heartedly. If I do something I want to do it 100%.
I was a referral coordinator for 1 year. In that year I taught myself how to do referrals, I cleaned up the backlog (over 500 referrals between the 2 offices down to about 40 which is doable in a couple of days), and I created cheat sheets for other referral coordinators to use to help them with their work. I felt trapped, underappreciated, and underpaid. That’s why I was fine with moving over an hour away from work. It was a good excuse to look for a job closer to home.
I wanted and got a job in the billing department for the same healthcare system that was about 20 minutes away from our new place. It was NOT the job for me. It’s an extremely monotonous job: printing out EOBs and entering them into the computer. all. day. long. I was there for about 5 months.
Today was my last day working in healthcare. I put my notice in a couple weeks ago after stressing and crying and thinking so much about it. I feel so much better already to not be in a field that I have a lot of problems with. The healthcare system in our country is dismal, and I know first hand how terrible it can be for both patients and those who take care of them. Healthcare needs an overhaul but I wouldn’t even know where to start.
I will be unemployed for 2 weeks, and on July 10th I start my new full time job at the only camera store in town that still develops black and white film in-house. I am so much happier with the direction of my life already and I haven’t even started my new job yet. Obviously photography and modeling are what I’m passionate about and I am so excited for it to be what sustains me monetarily! I am going to learn so much working there and my new knowledge will only enhance the quality of my art. I am so looking forward to it!!! Change can be so so good.
I create as much as I can whenever I can, and your support here on patreon has allowed me to allocate more time to creating than I would be able to otherwise. One day with your help I aspire to support myself full time from my art income. I yearn to travel all over the country to find the most beautiful places and photograph the nude there. My goal for after AD finishes his degree: buy a giant work van, custom build it into a mini home, and create in every national and state park I can find. And you know I’ll be sharing it all here with you. <3
(EDIT 2020: My dreams all came true last year!!! I became full time self employed (via THIS WEBSITE RIGHT HERE, because of the support of members!) in April 2019, and lived out of my minivan for 69 days during a cross country road trip last summer!)
I am so excited to share these sets with you! This is the film from our member-sponsored (thank you!!! <3 ) mountain trip last month! I really love how these came out, the locations were so beautiful.
Go explore the videos folder, I’ve just added 9 bts videos from between shooting these sets. You can really see how beautiful these locations are. There’s a video of me collecting water from the waterfall…. I almost slipped and fell in! Haha
Not a member? Click here to join for instant access and other member perks!
I originally wrote this for Patreon on June 10th 2017. I no longer use Patreon and have replaced it with my website (here) but thought I would share some of my old blogs with you for FREE to show my appreciation for you visiting my website! <3
Thanks to you wonderful members I met the “take a mini trip with Antisocialdisposition” goal a couple months ago and we took our trip a couple weeks ago. We left home on a Friday afternoon and got to our airbnb a little after 3pm. When we arrived all the power was out in the area. Thankfully we didn’t need it at that time anyway because we left not long after we got there to get a late lunch. We are at a Caribbean style restaurant in a nearby town (which was super delicious!) and the power was back on before we got back.
I took a bunch of self portraits in the house that afternoon and that night we took advantage of the giant luxurious bathtub in our bedroom by taking a bath with the Nightshift bath bomb from bloodlilybath. Oh my goodness, it smelled like flowers and dirt (which I love) and it made my skin super soft! I’ve uploaded a video to the videos folder if you want to watch it dissolve. =]
On Saturday we woke up at 5:15am to get to our waterfall location by sunrise and before anyone else got there. We had an entire hour to ourselves before anyone else showed up! Our timing was perfect because we had just finished getting ready to leave when an older couple showed up. We wanted to go to another waterfall location but when we got there it was only an overlook and there were already people there fishing. I want to find the trail to the bottom next time we go.
We had lunch back at our airbnb and then headed out again that afternoon for more hiking. We went to a section of the Appalachian Trail on Roan Mountain and hiked for about 4 miles. There were other people hiking but we still managed to take a lot of photos right off of the trail. We can be pretty sneaky and quick so we didn’t run into any issues. There was one person who walked by while I was struggling to put my dress back on but either they didn’t notice me or they pretended not to notice me. Haha!
After our photo hike we had another relaxing evening in the bathtub, of course! We used another bloodlilybath bath bomb called Darkened Soul that turns the water black! AD took some film photos of me in the bath before he joined me.
It rained all that night so instead of getting up and hiking again on Sunday like we planned, we slept in and took our time checking out. It rained most of the day but we enjoyed our drive home. We took the scenic route down the Blue Ridge Parkway and stopped for lunch in Asheville. We are at a vegan place called The Laughing Seed and it was SO DELICIOUS! I cleaned my plate! There’s a photo of my lunch in the folder for the trip if you wanna see what I got. =]
I hope you enjoy these self portraits I took in our airbnb. I’ll be uploading the film from our hikes and the black bath in the coming weeks so stay tuned for those!
I’ve uploaded 11 videos from our trip, check them out to see what our airbnb looked like, to watch the bath bomb video, and see me hanging out nude on the porch!
This film photoset of Kyotocat can be found in the November 2016 gallery.
One of my favorite places with one of my favorite people, doing several of my favorite things: creating, being nude, and being in nature with the earth under our feet and the sun above our heads.
Daily Photo Blog members now have access to:
- blog post with the story behind this photoset taken by Kyotocat
- 4 image mini set
Photo Gallery members now have access to:
- everything above
- 29 image photoset taken by Kyotocat
Video Gallery members now have access to:
- everything above
- 20+ minute nude vlog while I explored the property of a mountain cabin Antisocialdisposition and I stayed at during our anniversary weekend last September
- 12 photos & 1 video from my cell phone that same weekend
First Look members now have access to:
- everything above
- 27 minute nude vlog of me showing you some yoga poses you can do on your bed
- 18 minute nude vlog about Reiki and some of my long term goals
- 25 minute nude vlog about my journey to polyamory
This video can be found in the Free Sets gallery.