I enjoy looking back + seeing all the progress I’ve made over the year. It helps me realize that I did in fact actually do things + work toward my goals.
Sometimes my brain likes to tell me that I’ve done NOTHING + gotten NOTHING accomplished, that I’ve wasted the whole year.
Does your brain do that to you too?
Maybe looking back through your year to see all that you’ve done will benefit you too!
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you choose to make a purchase using my link (at no extra cost to you!). I only recommend things I have personally used + love!
- Took lots of walks at parks
- Hiked in the mountains as much as possible
- Helped my sister Gemini move
- Reconnected with AD
- Went to a wedding
- Made new friends
- Cried a lot
- Had some of the most painful menstrual cramps of my life
- Visited/traveled to:
- Durham/Raleigh NC
- NC mountains
- Cleveland OH
- Microdosed mushrooms a few times
- Took a voice lesson
- Saw the Van Gogh immersive exhibit
- Learned about my ancestry
- Got tested for STIs
- Learned about my HSV1+ status
- Helped out at the local camera store
- Went to the mountains with my dads side of the family
- Got vaccinated
- Finalized my name change!!! I am SO excited about this!
- Tattoo appointment almost every month (finished outlining + started color… vlog post about all this coming soon!)
- Went camping with a friend
- Journaled every day
- Did energy practices almost every day
- Redid/updated my website
- Created a welcome automation for my newsletter
- Taught Self Portraits for Self Discovery + Connection workshop for The Light Factory
- Created Self Portraiture for Self Discovery + Connection ebook + Inspiration + Planning workbook
- Created + shared Queer Nature slideshow
- Applied for a residency + didn’t get it (practice failing to get closer to accomplishing!)
- Facilitated peer support sessions
- Quit social media!!! Thank you Leonie Dawson for helping me feel like this was even possible!
- Filmed for Nudism.TV (with my family!) for 4 days
- Worked on meditations with Jenna + Lior
- Facilitated virtual nude gatherings: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October (total of 8 gatherings)
- Facilitated a first look at self portraits members only event
I was only able to accomplish these things because of the support from members of my website, thank you so much!
- Became an LLC
- Got a business bank account
- GBTL events: Jan, Feb x2, March x2, April x2, May x3, June x2, July, August, September (total of 15 events!!!)
- GBTL met up in person to create + facilitate backstage pass
- Many many meetings + video chats + text messages behind the scenes
- Explore More Summit 2020
- Sales Star with Leonie Dawson
- Marketing Without Social Media with Leonie Dawson
- Black Friday Training with Elizabeth Goddard
- Intersex Period Pandel Discussion with Crystal Hendricks, Mari Wrobi, Nick Manchester, Yezenia León Mezu, + Sean Saifa Wall
- Identity + Representation Panel Discussion with Roarie Yum, Jade Wilson, Paige Wilson, Deitric Robsinon-Miller, Kiah Glenn, + John Robinson-Miller IV
- Breathwork For Aliveness with Jennifer Patterson
- Emotion Mapping with Dawn Serra
- Boundaries Class with Luna Dietrich
- Live Your F*ck Yes Life Summit (non monogamy + polyamory) with Amanda Katherine Loy, Chad Spangler/polyamfam, Leanne Yau/polyphiliablog, Ebony/Marjani Lane, + Jess Levity/remodeledlove
- Women Race + Class by Angela Davis
- The Language of Emotions by Karla McLaren
- We Will Not Cancel Us by adrienne maree brown
- Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett
- My Grandmothers Hands by Resmaa Menakem
- I Hope We Choose Love by Kai Cheng Thom
- Evolution’s Rainbow by Joan Roughgarden
- Rebloom by Rachael Maddox
- Seven Thousand Ways to Listen by Mark Nepo
- Written on the Body by Jeanette Winterson
CAPTION FOR THE VIDEO ABOVE:
Hi friends! I just wanted to quickly come on here and show you my face. Hiiii I’m alive! And also share with you a photoset that I actually took really recently, last weekend May 2nd. My friend Karolina Von (I’ll link her information below because you should totally be following her on her website) she’s currently pregnant and she’s due in July and we took some double exposures of her with Glacier National Park. I think they’re absolutely gorgeous.
I’m so humbled and thankful that she trusted me with her ever-changing body and her safety and her image for these photos. So super wonderful. I always love spending time with her. We’ve created together 4 or 5 times, she doesn’t live super far away, she lives less than an hour away from here so we’ve created together several times. You can see a bunch of our work together in the directory, in my archives. This time we took pictures of her while she’s pregnant and they’re double exposures so of course I love them, because doubles are my favorite. I just wanted to share this photoset with you. It’s the entire roll of film, all 37 images, I’m sharing the whole thing with you. I haven’t edited them at all, it’s just as they were taken. I’m pretty excited and I think they’re wonderful.
What else do I want to say? I don’t want to say too much because I know I have the nude gathering tomorrow and posts going out about that and stuff so I don’t want to overwhelm you with too many posts. I just wanted to come on here and share this photoset with you and say hi and I love you.
If you’re new here, I only do photos every once in a while. It used to be a regular thing but it’s not anymore. I’m shifting away from doing photography and modeling stuff and going more into the community events and queer resources and peer support kind of things so if you’re here for regular new images and videos and stuff from me you might be a little disappointed because those will come sporadically.
I have like literal thousands of photos and videos in my archives for you to enjoy. It will take you a really really long time to get through all of them because there’s so many, there’s over 17,000 photos and over 2,000 videos so there’s no shortage of content to enjoy.
I’m also like… if I force myself to create on a strict regular basis, like I have to create something once a week or whatever, then it ends up being me creating things because I feel like I HAVE to instead of me creating things because I’m excited and WANTING to and inspired to, and yall deserve the kind of content that I’m really excited about making instead of the content that I feel forced to make. It’s best for all of us if I’m not forcing myself to continually make something new all the time, because nobody needs that. We need time to rest and to shift gears and change and transform and yeah… so I’m giving that to myself and I hope that you give that to yourself.
I hope you enjoy this photoset because I think it is INCREDIBLE. *mwah*
I’m going to post a few samples below and then also the link to see the whole gallery of it so, yay enjoy! Thanks for being here! I LOVE YOU! *mwah*
During this interview, Karolina and I talk about her experience as a model, circus performer, and mom, and how movement is medicine.
I feel like I’m always talking about double exposures… well, probably because I am. I love them. They’re my favorite kind of image to create. They’re magickal. They’re serendipitous. They’re always a surprise and I love giving control to the universe.
You might be wondering… what the heck is a double exposure?!
A double exposure is when two (or more) images are taken on the same piece of film. When two (or more) images are superimposed to create a single image. A lot of people do this with photoshop or fancy apps now, but the kind of double exposures that *I* am always talking about are taken on FILM. Analogue. 35mm or medium format film. These are TRULY magickal to me.
I took my first double exposure on accident, in a Holga camera (does anyone remember those?!). I took a photo, forgot to wind the film, and took another photo. The two images overlapped each other to create one single image! I was amazed and fell in love immediately.
You mean I can take a photo of a landscape, and then take a photo of a person in a studio or an empty room or next to a tree, and the end result makes the person look like they’re IN the landscape?! THEY BECOME A PART OF THE LANDSCAPE?! Hell YES!!!
If you know me or if you’ve followed me for any length of time, you know that I am ecosexual and that the earth, the environment, natural landscapes are where my heart is, where my SOUL is. The fact that I am able to take images that make it look like people BECOME A PART OF the environment makes me so incredibly happy. Being one with ferns, waterfalls as shimmering “clothes”, a crown of butterflies in flight.
It’s important for me to show people that we are not separate from the earth, we are a part of it. We are all connected and this planet, our home, everything we’ve ever known, is the MOST IMPORTANT thing and needs to be loved, protected, cherished. I hope that my double exposures help people see that.
Okay, enough explanation. The images will tell you more than I ever could with words.
Self portrait with Quinn Sanguine
Really magickal, right?! Now you know why I LOVE double exposures so much!
I am in the process of creating a double exposure course with all of my tips and tricks for getting the most out of your double exposures! If you want to be the first to know when it’s available, join my mailing list (go to my home page, scroll all the way down, and enter your email!)
Want to create your own but don’t know how and want to start RIGHT NOW?
Guess what?! I took several rolls of landscapes while I was on my 2 month solo cross country trip that are READY TO GO for doubles!
All you need to do is load one of these special one of a kind rolls into your 35mm camera and take photos! When you get them developed, your images will be double exposed with some of the landscapes that I took while I was traveling!
I only have a few rolls available, so get one while they last! LIMITED TIME AVAILABILITY!
If some of the rolls don’t sell before my birthday (November 30th) I’ll be gifting them to myself!
Here are a few of the rolls available to give you an idea of what kind of images you can double over…
I’m even doing a raffle for 2 of the rolls so you have a chance to get one for only $3.33!!!
Raffles are until they sell out. Only 30 tickets, a 1/30 chance of winning!
Several tickets have already been sold, get them while you can!
Become a member today for immediate access to my entire archive of photos and videos!