Conscious Creativity: a self portrait workshop to honor your inner artist
An interactive art immersion for curious creatives to explore themselves through self portraiture! ALL bodies welcome!
Saturday August 12th + Sunday August 13th 2023
See Yourself Through NEW Eyes…
Explore self portraiture, set creation, + group collaboration while being held in community
This inclusive experience was designed to nurture your soul + enrich your art practice.
Come willing to learn + make new connections with community in a collaborative environment free of judgement.
Receive support in taking creative risks + expanding the boundaries of your vision.
The intention of this space is to offer a spiritual laboratory for creative expression of our authentic selves!
In partnership with Crossing Hedgerows Sanctuary, we’ll join together in sacred ritual to honor ourselves and each other in the divine mission of self discovery through self portraiture.
SIGN UP HERE
2 half days: 4 hours each (8 hours total)
Day 1 – Saturday Aug 12th 9am – 1pm
9 am – 11 am:
- Somatic practice
- Community Agreements + Expectations
- Intentions for the day: What do you want to create?
- What brought you here?
- What are your adjectives? (1-3 words)
- Tips + tricks, tools, prompts, props
15 minute break
11 am – 1 pm:
- Individual self portrait creation (with support)
- Review (when applicable/possible)
- Critique/Feedback (if requested)
- Journal Session
Day 2 – Sunday Aug 13th 3pm – 7pm
3 pm – 5 pm:
- Silent Settling into the space (15 mins)
- Creation of a set
- Everyone has a chance to shoot on our set!
15 minute break
5 pm – 7 pm:
- What are your boundaries / Consent discussion
- Group self portrait
- Review + closing circle
Bonfire (weather permitting)
*Please keep in mind this is a rough outline, we cater events to the participants so things may change or shift based on the desires of attendees.
SIGN UP HERE
This workshop is for people who:
- want to explore + experience self portraiture, set creation, + group collaboration
- crave intentional connection with themselves + others
- want to create in a shameless non sexual + clothing optional environment
- are capable of receiving instruction + running with it, enjoys self-directed creative time
- want to ground in nature in a body-positive space
- are adults 18+ years old
This workshop is NOT for people who:
- are racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, etc
- view all nudity as inherently sexual +/ expect a sexual interaction
- need one on one individualized attention for the entirety of the workshop
- have a rigid understanding of what is “acceptable” as art
- won’t make space for differences + are not capable of deep listening
- are younger than 18 years old
What’s included when you purchase a ticket:
- Full weekend or day pass to the workshop
- Group + individual education + support from Bunny, Lior, + Roarie
- Clothing optional outdoor location
- A custom created set to shoot in (on Sunday)
- Taco/salad bar each day (meat, vegan, + gluten-free options)
- Aftercare take home materials (co-created images, educational PDFs, + more!)
SIGN UP HERE
You’ll want to bring:
- water, snacks
- journal + pen/pencil
- camera – cell phones count as cameras!
- tripod or something to prop up your camera with
- props, costumes, anything you want to create with
- sunblock, hat, sunglasses, towel
- an open + explorative mindset
What’s NOT included with your ticket / what you’re responsible for:
- Lodging before/during/after the workshop
- Travel to + from Crossing Hedgerows Sanctuary
- Meals before/after the workshop
- Extensive 1:1 education (consider booking a private shoot or mentoring session)
- Creative tools – cameras, tripods, film, etc
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: Your camera, tripod, props and anything you need to create self portraits, a journal to take notes, comfy layered clothes to adjust your temp, a water bottle, a snack, a yoga mat and/or blankets… anything else that would support you in listening + learning!
Q: If I’ve never done self portraits can I still come?
A: Yes! Absolutely, if you’re open to new experiences and willing to learn, we’re happy to have you!
Q: What if I don’t have a camera?
A: No problem! If you have a smartphone, you have a camera! If you don’t have a smartphone OR camera, let us know in advance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP and we can arrange for you to borrow one of our cameras (with assistance from us).
Q: Do I need to buy tickets for both days?
If you purchase a Full Weekend Pass it covers both days! There is no need to buy two separate tickets.
Q: I’m not sure I’m ready to touch or be touched, am I still welcome?
A: Yes! All parts of this workshop are optional. You will get more out of it the more you participate but the level of participation is completely up to you.
Q: Is there any erot!c touch involved?
A: No! This is a strictly non-se*ual space. We’ll incorporate touch + platonic intimacy while respecting everyone’s unique experience + avoiding traditional erogenous zones like the nipples or groin.
Q: How ռǟӄɛɖ do I have to be?
A: You don’t ‘have’ to be anything, you get to show up however you like! We encourage you to follow the path of most comfort. Tune into your temperature as we create and adjust your clothing to suit your ideal climate.
SIGN UP HERE
Want a scholarship ticket?
Tell your friends about this workshop! Share it far and wide! The more people who purchase tickets, the more scholarship tickets we can provide!
Every 4 tickets sold = 1 free scholarship ticket
APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP TICKET HERE
Making Art Accessible
Representation is important to us! We create space for historically marginalized folks to have access to our community + resources. People with intersecting identities are prioritized for scholarship tickets. Sliding scale memberships on patreon are available for artists who identify as:
*Please only select the lowest cost sliding scale option if you belong to one or more of these groups.*
If you think this event would be of use to someone you know, please invite them to join!
If you are showing any symptoms, signs of illness, or were in contact with a known covid positive person within 10 days of the workshop, please do NOT attend. Individually each person is responsible for assessing their personal risk level. By gathering you accept any + all risks associated with participation + do not hold crossing hedgerows or GBTL accountable.
Thank you for showing up safely!
This workshop will happen rain or shine