I originally wrote this for Patreon on September 16th 2017. I no longer use Patreon and have replaced it with my website (here) but thought I would share some of my old blogs with you for FREE to show my appreciation for you visiting my website! <3
So much art was made in Philly! I’ve shared a lot of it with you already but there is SO MUCH MORE that I still have to share! I’m so excited to show you everything that was created while I was there.
This weekend I wanted to post these sets of Luna Dahlia & Vex Voir I took during the group shoot in Fairmount Park I told you about last month! We shot these pretty quickly, I took a few photos of each model in turn while Jeff Waters photographed someone else. This location was truly incredible. I love that nature was taking back the space, there were small trees and lots of plants growing everywhere both inside and out. Since we were there late afternoon and the house had very tall walls and no ceiling, the light was nice and soft but bright, just how I like it!
What are you doing this weekend? I have off of work today and I’m being super productive! Today is REALLY exciting because I just got my brand new phone in the mail! It’s a Samsung Galaxy Note 8!!!!! I had the Note 4 and I really loved it but a few days ago it stopped charging anywhere above 17% and as soon as I unplugged it, it went straight down to 2% battery. I do so much from my phone, it is an essential for me to be able to work so I desperately needed a new one quickly. I knew I would have off today so yesterday I called Verizon to make sure they had the Note 8 in stock at my local Verizon store so I could hopefully go there today to get one. The Verizon sales rep Allison was super amazing and after a 25 minute phone call, I had a new Note 8 in black (the color I wanted) being overnight shipped to me (at no extra cost), and I wouldn’t even have to go into the store! HELL YES! I’m so thankful for wonderful customer service!
This little Bunny is really happy and full of gratitude today! <3
I just recorded a 5+ minute video blog for you! Other videos added this week are straight leg scorpion & practice switching open and closed wrap from aerial silks class (2 different videos), 3 videos of cool art in NoDa (an artsy part of Charlotte), and 4 videos from my friends’ gallery show!
All members have access to this complete 9 image photoset of Luna Dahlia by clicking here, the 7 image photoset of Vex Voir by clicking here, the nude vlog by clicking here, the aerial silks videos by clicking here, and the NoDa art videos by clicking here.
I originally wrote this for Patreon on August 5th 2017. I no longer use Patreon and have replaced it with my website (here) but thought I would share some of my old blogs with you for FREE to show my appreciation for you visiting my website! <3
When I was planning my trip to Philadelphia I reached out to several models I know that live there, and it worked out perfectly that they were all available on the same day! So of COURSE we had to all get together for an epic group shoot! Tiffany Helms, Vex Voir, Caitlin Michele, Luna Dahlia, Jeff Waters and I all met up at Fairmout Park after roaming around trying to find each other for a little while. The place is huge! Once we all converged in the same spot all 6 of us squished into my 5 seat hatchback (yeah it was pretty tightly packed in the backseat haha) and drove to a parking area near some trails. We didn’t have a solid plan for where we were going to shoot so we just started walking, knowing we would find a place. After stopping a couple of times considering different parts of the trail as a background, we stumbled upon a large open field surrounded by trees and on the far side of the field was a graffitied abandoned building! We KNEW this was the place, it was perfect! We crossed the field and explored inside. Vex brought a portable speaker and played some music while we smoked and chatted and I put film in my cameras. I took photos of all 4 models together, and then Jeff and I took turns shooting everyone individually. We weren’t interrupted the entire time we were there, which was several hours, but we did have a small scare when a couple of people walked into the field next to the building. I think they were just looking for a smoking spot and they didn’t come near or bother us at all before they went along their way. At the end of the shoot Jeff took photos of all 5 of us, some with my camera and some with his. I’ve included the photos he took with my camera in this set along with the photos I took of the group. =]
I had so much fun that day and I’m glad I have photos and a couple of videos to look back on and reminisce.
I’ll share the individual shots I took of them in the next few weeks, so look out for those soon!
I’ve added 2 behind the scenes location videos from this shoot to the video folder for your viewing pleasure. The videos really help you get a sense of the space!
And just because, I’ve also included 17 cheeky fun boomerangs of me in various stages of undress. =]
I originally wrote this for Patreon on July 8th 2017. I no longer use Patreon and have replaced it with my website (here) but thought I would share some of my old blogs with you for FREE to show my appreciation for you visiting my website! <3
I’ve been up and down emotionally a lot lately (probably because I’m coming up on my period) so the other day I took a bath for some self care time and to release negativity. Anything you do for yourself and for your happiness is always wonderful, but when you can include ritual that’s even better (in my opinion)! I wanted to share this with you guys because it helps me feel 1000x better after a really shitty day.
- Set aside at 30 minutes to an hour for yourself when you won’t be disturbed
- Gather anything you would like with you while you’re in the bath: candles, incense, crystals, soft meditative music, a glass of water/tea, a good book
- Draw your bath. If you have them, put some some epsom salts and essential oils in (lavender is great for relaxation!), or a bath bomb, flower petals, or bubble bath
- If applicable, light your candles and/or incense, arrange your crystals, place your glass of water/tea and book within arms reach of where you’ll be in the tub
- Get in and relax for at least 10-15 minutes either doing nothing, leisurely reading, or meditating. For meditating, I like to lay all the way in the water so that everything but my face is submerged and listen to my heartbeat underwater. I take deep breaths in rhythm with my heartbeat, keeping each inhale and exhale the same number of beats and trying to lengthen my breaths. Inhaling counting 5 heartbeats, exhaling counting 5 heartbeats. Inhaling counting 6 or 7 (or more) heartbeats, exhaling counting the same number of heartbeats. If I want to meditate with my crystals I pick one up and look at every part of it, noticing the colors, textures, the way it feels in my hand, the weight of it, if it reflects anything, or seeing if there are any rainbows inside. I’ll do this with each one in turn, seeing how they make me feel and letting my mind become quiet as I focus on my senses of vision and touch.
- Once you’re in a calm relaxed state, either happy and content (or at least neutral), think of things you would like to release and let go of. What would you like to cleanse from your life?
- Cup your hands together so they create a bowl shape and use your hands to bring water to your face. Run your hands from your face, up past your temples, up over and down the back of your head, down your shoulders, chest, and thighs.
- Say to yourself either out loud or in your mind (I prefer to say it out loud because it’s more powerful) “I release *insert that which you would like to let go of* from my life. I allow this water to cleanse me of that which no longer serves me.”
- Cleanse yourself this way as many times as you want or need to, or for however many things you’d like to release. Examples of things I cleanse myself of: negativity, self-doubt, comparing myself to others
- I suggest meditating after cleansing yourself, a would be a wonderful meditation to start with.
- When you are ready to get out, unplug the drain but stay in the bath. As the water drains, visualize all of that which you want to release and let go of going down the drain with the water. Watch as all negativity, self-doubt, and comparison disappear down the drain.
I’ve added 2 videos showing a couple of the crystal grids I’ve used for bathtime rituals. I’ve also added 17 fun boomerangs I took after a recent bath… lots of booty boomerangs! Make sure to check those out. =]
All members have access to this complete 27 image film photoset by clicking here, the 20 image digital photoset by clicking here, the 22 image Instax nudes set from an NC mountain trip by clicking here, bathtime crystal grids videos by clicking here, and post bath boomerangs by clicking here.
I originally wrote this for Patreon on July 1st 2017. I no longer use Patreon and have replaced it with my website (here) but thought I would share some of my old blogs with you for FREE to show my appreciation for you visiting my website! <3
When I learned that Liv Sage & Nova Amour would be here at that same time I knew I had to see if the 3 of us could all get together to create! We hosted Liv while she was in town and Nova met us at my house to shoot. Random fun fact: all 3 of us were on our period at the same time! We talked probably over half of the time we were shooting, about all kinds of things like crystals, astrology, and who our favorite people to create with are. Liv took some photos of Nova & me, and I took photos of the two of them. We were chasing the light in my house so we started downstairs and ended up going upstairs by the end of the shoot. I forgot and only took a couple of Instax! I usually like to take at least a pack (10 photos) but only ended up taking 3. Oops. I was just having too much fun. =D Afterwards we went out for dinner and hung out for a while before Nova went back to her airbnb and we went to bed.
I’ve uploaded 2 behind the scenes timelapse videos so you can watch the whole shoot! One video is from when I photographed them and the other is from when Liv photographed Nova & me!
Not a member? Click here to join for instant access and other member perks!