- Events all in eastern time:
Click the name of the event for all the info!Patrons: see THIS POST for 40% off the self portrait course!
Weds May 10th @ 6 pm: Self Portraiture for Ecosexual Embodiment – virtual event co-facilitated with Lior Allay, part 4 of 4! This class has been AMAZING so far, I can’t believe we’re on the last one already! We’ll be discussing GENDER + SEXUALITY through self portraiture
Thurs May 11th @ 12 pm: Tattoo appointment with Alex Santaloci at Iron Ghost Tattoo (will either be my last or my second to last tattoo appointment for my half body Poplar tree tattoo!!!!)
Sat May 13th @ 10 am: Photo Bloom: Self Portrait Workshop – in person in Mooresville, NC – I’m teaching the self portrait workshop and we’ll have 4 custom created sets for attendees to take self portraits in!
Tues May 16th @ 7 pm: Queen City Kinky Photography Meetup – in person in Charlotte, NC – hang out and talk photography
Thurs May 18th @ 6 pm: LIMINAL Opening Reception – 5 of my double exposure photographs are in this exhibition, including a self portrait!
Mon May 22nd @ 6 pm: Queen City Kinky Photography Model/Photographer Etiquette Workshop – in person in Charlotte, NC – learn how to have safe(r) and successful photoshoots from either side of the lens – this is a prerequisite to our future group shoot events
Weds May 24th @ 7 pm: Self Portrait Showcase – virtual event co-facilitated with Lior Allay – submit your self portraits to share, all experience levels welcome!
May 26th – 29th: IGNITE BURN – I will be teaching a self portrait class one of the days of the burn!
- Online events coming up that are FREE/DISCOUNTED for patrons (all in eastern time):
Queer Creative Coworking is a registration-only event held on Zoom via EventbriteThe movie screening is a member-only (including FREE, not-on-patreon members!) event held on Discord video/voice chat (VC)Click the name of the event for all the info!
Weds Feb 1st @ 10 am: Queer Creative Coworking
Tues Feb 7th @ 6:30 pm: But I’m A Cheerleader! movie screening in The Burrow
Weds Feb 8th @ 10 am: Queer Creative Coworking
Weds Feb 8th @ 6 pm: Self Portraiture for Ecosexual Embodiment (part 1 of 4!)
Weds Feb 15th @ 10 am: Queer Creative Coworking
show your support for free:
💌 share this with your friends
💻 sign up for my email list + get 2 free ebooks
🔞 join my uncensored art + resource sharing discord server
📹 subscribe to my youtube channel
💖 share my resources page far + wide
❓respond to my survey + help me create what you want to see
show your support financially (sliding scale!):
Leave perfectionism for possibility
Transform the way you see + experience yourself through the medium of self portraiture.
Shift from performative living to authentic thriving
Give us 4 months + you’ll fall in love with your unique body.
Rewrite the stories your body holds, learn the language of encoded memory, + work intentionally to craft a new reality where beauty is defined by what delights YOU.
Topics include: Inspiration, Somatics, Creativity, Ritual, Set Design, Composition, Storytelling, Gender, Sexuality + SO much more!
Each class comes with…
- PDF e-book of course material w/ interactive exercises
- Creative Change Tracker to watch your evolution unfold
- a take home recording if you can’t be there
- LIVE Q+A opportunities
You will need…
- A device to access the live video feed or recording
- Something to take notes on
- A camera (phones count too!)
- You have trouble connecting with your emotions + want to understand yourself better
- You want to release perfectionism + express yourself creatively w/ confidence
- You’re curious about your gender or identity +/ want to know who you are with clarity
- You want to transform your relationship w/ the camera, release shyness, + BOLDLY embrace your beauty
- You’re under 18 years old
- You need extensive education about photography – this is not a photo 101 course
- You need their hand held the entire time – this is not one on one support
- You are not willing to do the exercises/practices/homework etc.
- Feb 8 – personal self-portrait journey, why nudity, technical + safety info
- March 8 – creative, posing, composition, storytelling
- April 12 – healing, somatics, + ceremony
- May 10 – gender + sexuality
If you come to 3, the 4th is free!
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: A journal to take notes, comfy layered clothes to adjust your temp, a water bottle, a snack, a private space to explore… anything else that would support you in listening + learning!
Q: If I’ve never done self portraits can I still come?
A: Yes! Absolutely, if you’re open to new experiences and willing to learn, we’re happy to have you! This experience is flexible, offering challenges to engage those who already have a confident grasp of photography, while being equally inviting for folks who are just getting started. This is the perfect place for creatives of all levels to co-mingle and learn from each other. We are all both students and teachers, always.
Q: What if I don’t have a camera?
A: No problem! If you have a smartphone, you have a camera!
Q: How do I get the 4th workshop for free?
A: If you sign up for the first 3 workshops, we’ll send you an email with a discount code for 100% off the 4th one! Make sure to wait to sign up for the 4th one so we can send you the discount code!
Q: What if I can’t attend the workshops on the designated days/times?
A: No worries if you can’t be there at the time of the workshop, they will all be recorded and emailed to everyone who signs up whether you attend live or not.